Crew Chiefs and Field Crew Needed in Florida this Winter!
Come work in the sunshine and cool breezes – maybe stay for the summer………
Archaeological Consultants, Inc (ACI) is looking for three detail-oriented team players with experience in Florida and the southeast. Full-time Field Crew Chief will be responsible for supervising fieldwork crews, initiating analyses, contributing to report production including completing site file forms and survey logs, and providing general administrative support as assigned under the supervision of the Senior Archaeologist and Project Manager. Routine fieldwork, including overnight travel, will be required. This position will be through our Sarasota office, but the successful applicant may live elsewhere in Florida.
ACI is Florida’s oldest Cultural Resource Management firm with over 45 years of proven excellence. ACI is family-owned with a collaborative work environment, opportunities for advancement, and an excellent benefits package including medical and retirement plan with company contributions.
- Competitive salary based on level of education and experience; overtime opportunities available
- Per diem (for overnight travel)
- Subsidized Group Health Insurance
- IRA Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Merit-Based Raises, Bonuses, and Promotions
- Bachelors required; Masters preferred.
- Additional consideration given to Bioarchaeology experience and RPA or RPA-eligible.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean record and access to reliable transportation,
- Be able to pass security clearance and background check
- Field Crew- 2-5 years CRM field experience
- Crew Chief- 1-2 years in a supervisor role
- Candidate must have strong field skill set and be physically capable of conducting survey in all weather and all environments, from very cold to very hot.
- Strong GPS skills- Trimble, Collector- and other related software
- Ability to follow instructions and apply critical thinking.
- Conversant with federal laws, regulations, standards, and guidelines related to the field
- Knowledge of National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) significance criteria.
- Organization, attention to detail, and ability to handle multiple projects with deadlines.
- Effective written and oral communication.
- Ability to work on projects or tasks independently or as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and Excel and Adobe Acrobat.
Please send a cover letter highlighting your qualifications and experience, your resume/CV, contact information for a minimum of two personal references, and your dates of availability. Send all information to email@example.com. ACI will contact references and will treat these inquires with discretion. ACI will confirm education.