Associate Architectural Historian
Are you looking to advance your career at a cutting-edge cultural resource management (CRM) firm? Are you tired of not having influence over your own professional trajectory? Do you want to improve the CRM industry through innovation, inclusiveness, and professionalism? If so, come join the PaleoWest team!
PaleoWest is hiring an Associate Architectural Historian to work out of our Los Angeles office, and we encourage you to apply. We are one of the largest CRM firms nationwide and offer exceptional employment opportunities for staff at all levels. We pride ourselves on being the most innovative team of problem solvers in the business. Our teams emphasize collaboration, respect, and resourcefulness. We invite you to bring your diverse experience and perspective to PaleoWest. Come on over and work with like-minded professionals who share your interests and goals.
PaleoWest is seeking an Associate Architectural Historian who can lead moderate to complex archival research, windshield and reconnaissance surveys, and can prepare built environment assessments and reports. Experience in California and surrounding states is preferred. The successful candidate will work closely with our nationwide Architectural History team as well as archaeologists in our Southern California offices.
- Graduate degree in architectural history, historic preservation, public history, heritage conservation, history or a closely related field
- Ability to meet the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualifications Standards for architectural history and history
- Experience with the history, architecture, and infrastructure of California and Southwest and Pacific Northwest
- Ability to conduct historical resources assessments and prepare associated documents and technical reports
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and commitment to achieving team goals
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations and guidelines pertaining to historical resources
- Ability to support, as needed, the proposal development process for new business activities
The ideal candidate will have several years’ experience in a variety of areas including:
- Leading large and small-scale historic properties surveys
- Determinations of Eligibility
- NRHP Nominations
- Conducting archival research
- Developing historic contexts
- Understanding of relevant architectural styles
- Experience working withing appropriate regulatory nexuses
- NHPA Section 106 and 110 compliance
PaleoWest is one of the most respected firms in the industry, with offices across the United States. If you are interested in joining our rapidly growing team of professionals, please send a resume and cover letter, including professional references and hourly pay requirements. This is a full-time position that comes with a great benefits package and huge growth potential. Pay will be commensurate with experience, and bonuses may be offered for exceptional performance. Our benefits package includes health insurance, a 401(k) plan with employer matching after six months of employment, paid time off, and telecommuting.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination or willingness to get vaccinated prior to date of hire is required for all employees.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation. THIS POSITION
Please apply through this link: https://jobapply.page.link/c5Vp