PaleoWest is a solution-driven archaeological consulting firm that prides itself on employing the best cultural resource
s management professionals in the industry. PaleoWest places an emphasis on supporting our clients’ needs, fostering new technologies that advance our industry while better protecting its fragile resources, and promoting professional development within the framework of innovation and forward thinking.
PaleoWest’s Florida office seeks a Principal Investigator/Senior Archaeologist to join our quickly growing team of experienced, motivated professionals. Principal Investigators provide technical leadership on archaeological projects from inception to completion, oversee field and report staff, and guide our clients through the regulatory process. This is a full-time, salaried position that comes with a great benefits package that includes unlimited personal time off and rapid growth potential.
- Minimum education of a master’s degree specializing in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field
- 7+ years of professional archaeological experience
- 2+ years of field experience in supervisory roles
- The successful candidate will oversee local and non-local field projects and should be able and willing to travel throughout Florida and adjacent states
- The successful candidate will work out of our Tampa Bay offices under a hybrid remote and in-office schedule, if desired
- Ability and desire to contribute to or lead business development efforts
sa strong network of professional contacts
- Be adaptable and eager to grow
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Demonstrated experienced report writing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to achieving team goals
- Demonstrated ability to lead field crews and reporting efforts
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations pertaining to cultural resources
- Demonstrated experience directing a variety of archaeological projects
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
PaleoWest is a respected firm, with offices across the United States. If you are interested in joining our rapidly growing team of professionals, please send a resume, cover letter including salary requirements, and three professional references. Pay is commensurate with experience, and bonuses will be offered for exceptional performance. Our benefits package includes health insurance, a 401(k) plan with employer matching after six months of employment, unlimited personal time off, telecommuting, and a flexible work schedule.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination or willingness to get vaccinated prior to date of hire is required for all employees.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation.
We look forward to hearing from you today.
To apply follow the link: https://jobapply.page.link/APJt