Are you looking to advance your career at a cutting-edge cultural resource management (CRM) firm? Are you tired of not having influence over your own professional trajectory? Do you want to improve the CRM industry through innovation, inclusiveness, and professionalism? If so, come join the PaleoWest team!
PaleoWest is hiring an Archaeological Project Manager to work out of our Phoenix office, and we encourage you to apply. We are one of the largest CRM firms nationwide and offer exceptional employment opportunities for staff at all levels. We pride ourselves on being the most innovative team of problem solvers in the business. Our teams emphasize collaboration, respect, and resourcefulness. We invite you to bring your diverse experience and perspective to PaleoWest. Come on over and work with like-minded professionals who share your interests and goals.
Project Managers at PaleoWest help develop proposals and budgets for new opportunities, provide service to our clients upon project award, and ensure the efficient execution of projects from beginning to end. Our Project Managers work closely with Office Principals, Principal Investigators, Field and Laboratory Directors, and our Technology Team to deliver high-quality products that exceed client expectations.
- Graduate degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field is preferred
- Seven years of demonstrated professional experience working on and leading archaeological survey, monitoring, and data recovery projects
- Experience with the archaeology and history of Arizona
- Ability to be listed as a Field Director/Crew Chief on BLM Cultural Resource Use Permits in Arizona is required. Strong preference will be given to candidates who can be permitted as a Principal Investigator.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and commitment to achieving team goals
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations and guidelines pertaining to cultural resources
- Demonstrated experience managing all types of archaeological projects, including preparing budgets and proposals, keeping projects within budget and on schedule, and consulting with clients and agencies
- Demonstrated experience writing and preparing cultural resource technical reports
- Demonstrated experience in developing business
- Demonstrated leadership abilities including providing guidance and oversight to field and office staff
PaleoWest is one of the most respected firms in the industry, with offices across the United States. This is a full-time, salaried position that comes with a great benefits package, huge growth potential, and a bonus program. Salary will be commensurate with experience, and bonuses will be offered for exceptional performance. Our benefits package includes health insurance, a 401(k) plan with employer matching after six months of employment, paid holidays, unlimited personal time off, telecommuting, and a flexible work schedule.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination or willingness to get vaccinated prior to date of hire is required for all employees.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation.
We look forward to hearing from you today.