Hudson Valley Cultural Resource Consultants is currently seeking a Field Technician for the Fall Season. The candidate will be primarily field-based working on individual projects, but may also be responsible for other aspects of cultural resources projects, including Data entry, site file reviews and site photography.
Applicants should have a BA/BS degree in anthropology/archaeology or equivalent work experience. Near completion of a degree will be considered if sufficient field school experience can be demonstrated. Experience in the Northeast and particularly New York State is helpful. Applicants local to the Hudson Valley Region are preferred, and must be within reasonable commuting distance.
• Conduct archaeological fieldwork for Phase I Survey, Phase II testing, and Phase III data recovery.
• Assist with mapping and photography responsibilities in the field
• Assist with data entry and other post processing tasks
• Provide support to and work with senior-level cultural resources staff.
• Due to the types of and location of projects, preferred candidates will be within commuting distance of the Hudson Valley Office.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field plus 1 year field experience.
• Completion of an accredited Field School is required.
• Current valid driver’s license, and own means of transportation to project site.
• Must be motivated and able to work safely with minimum supervision.
• Experience with a wide range of field methodologies, including archaeological survey, testing, excavation, methodology and monitoring preferred.
• Preferred candidates will have experience working in New York.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds is required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of AutoCAD and ArcGIS is a plus.
To apply please send a cover letter stating how you meet the qualifications along with a current CV or Resume and professional references to HVCRC@optimum.net. Responses that include the requested cover letter will be given preference.