HDR -Temporary Archaeological Field Technicians (2) for Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana
To support its growing CRM program in Texas, HDR is seeking two (2) qualified people for temporary technician-level positions. Immediate needs include a Phase I survey near Midland, TX starting October 25, 2021. Additional projects will be located primarily in Texas with the potential to work in Oklahoma, Louisiana, and across the Southeast. Includes single occupancy hotel room, per diem, and starting payrate ranging from $20 to $22/hr. Potential for higher payrate for experienced highly qualified candidates.
Archeological Technicians are responsible for assisting with archaeological survey and site documentation, which includes feature and artifact identification and analyses; performing shovel test pits (STPs); site descriptions; photographs; and mapping. Archeological Technicians are required to perform the following tasks in the field:
- Walk up to 6 miles a day
- Identify historic and prehistoric artifacts correctly
- Must be able to record cultural resources in the field without any physical assistance (this could include hiking short distances in scrub and native vegetation and uneven ground conditions)
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds without assistance
- Work hours other than 8 to 5 which may include weekends and/or night shifts
- Must have (or able to obtain) a valid Texas Driver’s License
- Be able to operate a vehicle day or night
- Travel will be required (>80%)
- Conduct archaeological survey and testing
- Complete sketch maps of sites
- Complete field forms accurately and concisely
- Use Trimble GPS units
- Photograph resources
- Qualified candidates should possess, at minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or a related field
- Candidates must have experience identifying and recording prehistoric and historic resources.
- Candidates must be able to perform physically demanding tasks in adverse environmental conditions (e.g., rugged terrain, remote locations, hot and cold temperatures).
- Candidates must also have good organizational skills, a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and willingness to learn and execute new tasks.
If you’re interested, please email Zachary Overfield at Zachary.email@example.com