Heritage Consultants is seeking a full-time Project Manager to join our growing staff in Newington, Connecticut office. Our staff of nearly 30 full time archaeologists, architectural historians, laboratory technician, and GIS personnel is dedicated to providing clients with creative and cost-effective solutions to meet their project needs. Our team of professionals consistently provides quality services through multi-disciplinary analysis with an in-depth understanding of the regulatory, scientific, and legal issues affecting our clients. Heritage Consultants, LLC currently services clients in Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, New Jersey and New York. Our company is poised for significant expansion and this is an opportunity for the right candidate to join our fast paced team and have potential for growth in the business.
The successful candidate for the position of Project Manager must meet or exceed the Secretary of the Interior qualifications. The Project Manager will be responsible for conducting archaeological undertakings of all types and sizes from planning through report completion. The applicant must be a self-starter and have strong organizational, verbal, and writing skills. The ability to work as part of a larger team and broad experience in all phases of archaeological investigations from Phase IA assessment surveys to Phase III data recovery efforts is required.
• Working closely with Senior Management and Operations Personnel to plan and execute projects within project
scoping, timelines, and budgets;
• Coordination and communication with clients and relevant agency personnel;
• Work in tandem with other project personnel, including laboratory staff, historians, architectural historians and
• Directing and supervising field crews and other staff assigned to projects;
• Completing cultural resource management reports and other deliverables to company and agency satisfaction that
comply with applicable state and federal laws/regulations and guidelines promulgated by State Historic
Preservation Offices throughout the region.
• Graduate degree in anthropology/archaeology (RPA preferred);
• A minimum of three years of experience in cultural resources management;
• At least one year of full-time, supervisory level, professional experience in cultural resources management,
including management of field crews and budgets;
• In-depth understanding of all phases of archaeological fieldwork;
• Experience with agency coordination under Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act and/or National
Environmental Policy Act;
• Strong writing and editing skills;
• Ability to prioritize tasks and maintain an organized approach to work as part of a larger project team;
• Although primarily an office position, field visits to project areas may be required
• Preference may be given to candidates that have in-depth knowledge of the prehistory and history of the
Northeast, including CT, MA, RI, NH, VT, and NY
Salary for this position will be commensurate with experience. Heritage Consultants, LLC offers group medical, dental, and vision insurance, sick time, vacation time, and paid holidays. Heritage Consultants, LLC also profit shares and the successful candidate will be eligible for bonuses to reward outstanding work.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to David George at email@example.com.
Heritage Consultants, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.