Senior Project Manager (Archaeology) – Full Time/Permanent
Richard Grubb and Associates, Inc. is seeking a Senior Project Manager to be based out of any of our offices in the mid-Atlantic region (NY, NJ, PA, DE). This position can be based remotely. Prior work experience in the mid-Atlantic is preferred but not required.
Senior Project Manager responsibilities include:
· Coordination with review agencies including various SHPO, federal and state agencies.
· Direct, plan, organize, and manage archaeological surveys, site recordation, monitoring, and other duties in operational regions
· Supervise project archaeologists and principal investigators working on multiple projects
· Review and edit archaeological survey reports, including technical writing.
· Communicate with clients on survey results and ensure that projects are performed within budget and in accordance with project schedules.
· Management of all aspects of cultural resource projects and must have advanced experience in proposal writing, technical report reviews and senior staff management.
· Direct contact with federal, state, county, municipal, and private clients, and interface with regulatory agencies.
Qualified applicants must possess:
· MA/MS or Ph.D. degree in Archaeology, Anthropology or related field.
· Experience with the archaeology, prehistory, history and ethnohistory of the mid-Atlantic region (preferred)
· 10 years of experience as a Principal Investigator
· 5 years as a project manager with diverse project management experience on small and large project types
· Experience with various regional, state, and federal cultural resource management regulations, including a good working knowledge of NEPA and Section 106.
· Advanced ability to prepare technical and cost proposals.
· Technical writing, communication, and problem-solving skills.
· Collegiality in working with architectural historians and historians as part of a team environment.
· Registered Professional Archaeologist (RPA) designation is preferred.
This is a full-time position and compensation includes a complete benefits package. Salary is dependent upon qualifications. Ability to perform or oversee geophysical surveys would be a plus.
If you wish to be considered for this excellent opportunity, please email a cover letter, a copy of a current CV (or resume) detailing education and work experience, and a writing sample to:
Stephanie Grubb, Operations Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
RGA is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish. RGA is an equal-opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RGA is a Drug-Free Workplace. RGA participates in E-Verify