Immediate Archaeologial Technician Positions – Colorado and New Mexico
Title: Field Technician
Minimum Experience : 1 year
Espinoza Consulting Services. has immediate openings for archaeological field technicians for current cultural resource survey work in Colorado and northern New Mexico. Positions are hourly/temporary, but long-term employment is possible. All technician positions will be paid according to current Service Contract Act wage determinations for the work location. Healthcare option, all federal holidays, and educational stipends are standard for all full-time ECS employees. Per diem and/or accommodations are provided for out-of- town assignments.
• Preferred qualifications include a BA in anthropology or archaeology and one year field/write-up experience in the Colorado or New Mexico. Consideration may also be given for individuals with comparabile experience in other southwestern states.
• Eligibility to hold permits in Colorado, New Mexico, or surrounding states/land jurisdictions is also highly desirable.
• Preference will be given to individuals who have excellent field, writing, computer, and GPS skills.
• Able to walk up to 10 miles a day; lift up to 40 lbs; identify historic and prehistoric artifacts and features; conduct archaeological survey and testing; complete sketch maps of features and sites; complete field forms accurately and concisely; use a GPS unit; and photograph resources.
• Be able to perform physically demanding tasks in adverse environmental conditions (e.g., rugged terrain, remote locations, hot and cold temperatures).
• Good organizational skills, a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and willingness to learn.
• Experience with ArcGIS 10 or ArcGIS Pro is desirable.
• Must have a clean driver’s license. Employment is also subject to drug and alcohol testing. Background check may be necessary on certain projects.
Given current workloads, ECS will fill positions as soon as possible. Interested candidates should email a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.
Espinoza Consulting Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We also maintain a Drug-Free Workplace, and frequently works on federal projects requiring security screening. As such, candidates may be subject to a background check and drug testing (including cannabis). All employees must also be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 per current mandates for federal contractors.
To learn more about ECS, visit us on-line at www.espinoza-consulting.com.