Project Archaeologist Opportunity–Southeast US
LG2 Environmental Solutions in Jacksonville, Florida is hiring Project Archaeologists with the ability to supervise Phase I surveys, Phase II investigations, and Phase III Data Recovery. Projects may be located throughout the United States or Caribbean, with a majority currently in the Southeast region. Positions for Full-Time Salary or Part-Time Hourly are available.
Responsibilities of the Project Archaeologist include management and supervision of archaeological projects, including survey, site evaluation, and site mitigation. Duties will include development and implementation of research designs, work plans, schedules, fieldwork, and analysis and reporting. Additional duties may include marketing, proposal development, client coordination, and regulatory consultation.
Travel is expected to conduct cultural resources fieldwork, but, on average, approximately 60 percent of the year is spent in a local office. The archaeological lab is currently located in Jacksonville, Florida and preference will be given to individuals who can show experience or willingness to incorporate the identification and analysis of both historic and prehistoric materials being processed there together with other work duties.
Applicants must have:
• Master’s Degree in Cultural Resources Management, Archaeology, Anthropology or closely related field (must meet Secretary of the Interior’s guidelines).
• 4+ years of progressive Cultural Resource Management experience cumulating to supervising archaeological projects, with preference given to projects in the Southeastern U.S.
• Proven ability to manage large and/or multiple field crews.
• Excellent management and communication (oral and written) skills.
• A clear understanding of National Register of Historic Places eligibility criteria and evaluation of cultural resources.
• Special consideration will be given to those with experience with state and federal agency and tribal consultation, and an excellent reputation within the professional and regulatory communities.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced consulting environment.
• Must be available to travel and possess a valid drivers’ license and be in good standing.
Pre-employment background check and drug test screening required. If interested, please provide your Resume/CV and a technical writing example. Interested applicants should email requested information to Wendy Puckett at email@example.com.