Are you looking to advance your career at a cutting-edge cultural resource management (CRM) firm? Are you tired of not having influence over your own professional trajectory? Do you want to improve the CRM industry through innovation, inclusiveness, and professionalism? If so, come join the PaleoWest team!
PaleoWest is hiring a Field Director to work out of our California office, and we encourage you to apply. We are one of the largest CRM firms nationwide and offer exceptional employment opportunities for staff at all levels. We pride ourselves on being the most innovative team of problem solvers in the business. Our teams emphasize collaboration, respect, and resourcefulness. We invite you to bring your diverse experience and perspective to PaleoWest. Come on over and work with like-minded professionals who share your interests and goals.
We are currently seeking a Field Director to support projects across Northern California. Candidates may operate out of the Walnut Creek or Sacramento office. Field Directors are responsible for managing all aspects of field survey, including supervision of Crew Chiefs, coordination and leadership of archaeological pedestrian surveys, and all associated site recording duties. A majority of PaleoWest projects are designed as camping surveys, often in remote areas; therefore, demonstrated skills and experience in camping, hiking, technical driving, and wilderness safety are preferred. This is an on-call position with a potential for full-time employment, depending on qualifications.
- Previous California work experience or applicable adjacent regions
- 5+ years of professional archaeological experience
- 2+ years of proven experience directing archaeological crews
- Bachelor’s degree in Archaeology or Anthropology, graduate degree preferred
- Ability to be permitted by the BLM/USFS as a Field Director/Crew Chief in California.
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to cultural resources
- Ability to endure rugged terrain and extreme environmental conditions
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and strong communication skills
PaleoWest is one of the most respected firms in the industry, with offices across the United States. Our benefits package includes health insurance, a 401(k) plan with employer matching after six months of employment and paid sick time.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination or willingness to get vaccinated prior to date of hire is required for all employees
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation.