Far Western is seeking an archaeological surveyor and field monitor for 2021 Wildfire Debris and Hazard Tree Clean-up. The archaeologist will identify cultural materials while working in a fast-paced disaster clean-up setting with construction crews and around heavy equipment. A qualified candidate has knowledge of California archaeology and at least one year of field experience, with monitoring experience preferred.
Pay Rates start at $27/hour plus per diem ($60/day) with hotel and rental vehicle included. Bonuses are offered for every 500 hours of work on the project. Typical schedule is Monday-Saturday 6:00 AM-4:00 PM and typical work days are from 10-12 hours. Crews will be working in a variety of northern California counties but will generally work out of Red Bluff, Oroville, or Shingle Springs, California. Work is already underway and will continue for 6 months.
In addition to the requirements for employment with Far Western, all monitors must:
• Have a clean DMV record;
• Pass a criminal background check;
• Read and understand Far Western’s Safety Program;
• Conform to Fitness for Duty policies;
• Conform to our client’s Eligibility for Work requirements;
• Be willing to monitor at night, when necessary;
• Be able to use provided field equipment (typical field equipment includes: Ipad, Trimble GPS, Garmin GPS, and digital camera) and/or be willing to learn;
• Complete and turn in all field documents, timesheets, and reimbursements in a timely manner according to Far Western protocol;
• Complete and conform to all environmental and safety training (including site specific tailboards and other subcontractor requirements);
• Maintain all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to OSHA standards. Far Western will provide Safety glasses, safety vest, and hardhat for the duration of the project but it is the employee’s responsibility to immediately notify Far Western of any problems with their PPE. Boots in compliance with the project’s regulations are the responsibility of the monitor.
• 40-Hour Hazwoper Training (Far Western will pay for and compensate your time to take course or 8 hour annual refresher)
• Proof of Covid Vaccine (per Federal Contracting Requirement)
If interested, please send resume or CV to email@example.com