Dokken Engineering’s Environmental branch has an immediate opening for an Archaeologist. Dokken provides environmental, engineering, and construction support services for local, state, and federally funded projects including roads, bridges, highways, interchanges, trails, dams, and other public works facilities.
In this role, a successful applicant will have the ability to conduct field assessments of cultural resources and to prepare cultural reports that comply with both the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) regulations. Applicants should have proven abilities in cultural resource assessments and archaeological field experience, including survey and excavation.
Typical job responsibilities will focus on
• Conducting literature research and record searches
• Coordinating Native American consultation
• Completing archaeological pedestrian surveys
• Conducting archaeological excavation (testing and data recovery)
• Writing technical reports including, but not limited to, Caltrans formatted cultural reports
• Working with clients, regulatory authorities, and subconsultants
• Assisting with the development and implementation of mitigation and monitoring reporting programs
Dokken is a team-oriented work environment with a long tenured core group of employees. Full time employee positions are offered competitive salaries and a top-of-the-line benefits package, including a stock ownership plan and 9% matching 401k program.
Full benefits package includes:
• Paid holidays (10 days annually)
• Fifteen (15) days of PTO
• Comprehensive health insurance including medical, dental and vision with plans as low as $17.00/month.
• Employer-paid life Insurance ($70,000 face value) and long-term disability insurance (66 2/3% of monthly income)
• Retirement benefits including 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan and Employee Stock Ownership Plan
This archaeological position will be based out of our Folsom, California office, but periodic travel throughout the State should be expected. There will be a standard 3-month probation period for the selected applicant.
Salary: $50,000 – $80,000; salary pay is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
• Must have completed an archaeological field school and completed a BA or BS in anthropology, archaeology, or a related field.
• Applicants should have approximately 2-10 years of experience in related fieldwork, preferably in California.
• Candidate should have a good working knowledge of federal and California environmental laws (i.e., Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act, NEPA, and CEQA).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
• Previous experience with environmental studies and GPS/GIS applications is preferred.
Training will be provided as needed.
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions regarding experience or eligibility in advance of sending out a resume, please also reach out via email. For the full posting, please visit https://www.dokkenengineering.com/job-opportunities.