PaleoWest is a solution-driven archaeological consulting firm that prides itself on employing the best cultural resources management professionals in the industry. PaleoWest places an emphasis on supporting our clients’ needs, fostering new technologies that advance our industry while better protecting its fragile resources, and promoting professional development within the framework of innovation and forward thinking.
PaleoWest’s New York office seeks a Principal Investigator/Senior Archaeologist to join our quickly growing team of experienced, motivated professionals. Principal Investigators provide technical leadership on archaeological projects from inception to completion, oversee field and report staff, and guide our clients through the regulatory process. Additionally, the Principal Investigator will help the Office Principal build a presence in new with markets, while helping to strengthen existing client relationships. This is a full-time, salaried position that comes with a great benefits package that includes unlimited personal time off and rapid growth potential.
- Minimum education of a master’s degree specializing in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field
- 15+ years of professional archaeological experience
- 8+ years of field experience in supervisory roles
- The successful candidate will oversee local and non-local field projects and should be able and willing to travel throughout the mid-Atlantic and New England on occasion.
- The successful candidate will work remotely from out New York office
- Ability and desire to contribute to or lead business development efforts
- Maintains a strong network of professional contacts
- Be adaptable and eager to grow
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Demonstrated experienced report writing in the mid-Atlantic and New England
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to achieving team goals
- Demonstrated ability to lead field crews and reporting efforts
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations pertaining to cultural resources in the mid-Atlantic and New England
- Demonstrated experience directing a variety of archaeological projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
PaleoWest is one of the most respected firms in the industry, with offices across the United States. Our benefits package includes health insurance, a 401(k) plan with employer matching after six months of employment and paid sick time.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination or willingness to get vaccinated prior to date of hire is required for all employees.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation.
To apply please follow the link: https://jobapply.page.link/evYZ