Quality Services, Inc. (QSI) is seeking experienced Principal Investigator archeologists to be based in Rapid City, South Dakota, but including travel around the United States. Positions are open immediately. Required tasks include communication, project planning and management, supervising cultural resource inventories, archeological/historical/traditional cultural property site evaluation and mitigation, staff leadership, consulting with state and federal agencies and tribes, and writing and reviewing reports.
• Master’s degree in archeology, anthropology, or a closely related field.
• Secretary of the Interior qualified as archeologist principal investigator.
• Three or more years experience in similar work, at crew supervisor, project manager and/or PI level.
o Please make sure your experience is shown on vita in detail
• Knowledge of soils and sediments.
• Technical report first author examples.
• Report and documents editing and review experience.
• Basic GIS knowledge and experience.
• Valid driver’s license and insurable under QSI current insurance policy.
QSI is based in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota with multiple types of clients and projects of all sizes. We work in over 30 states in support of a variety of industries, services, and government agencies, completing over 700 projects per year. Full time employee benefits include health and dental insurance, retirement plan, bonuses, paid leave, and paid holidays. Rapid City is a growing, diverse community, with opportunities for young professionals, families, and retirees.
Great Plains or Midwest archeology, and proposal writing experience is preferred. Relocation expenses or signing bonuses may be available for highly qualified selected applicants. Salary approximately $46,000 to $65,000 or more per year. To apply submit your vita, driver’s license copy, writing samples (site forms, reports, articles, maps, or other relevant documents) and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.