Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives – from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking qualified field staff for archaeological surveys and monitoring in various locations to work on a flex basis. Prior experience monitoring around heavy equipment and conducting cultural surveys is preferred. Must be willing to work independently and feel comfortable directing construction crews in the field.
Requirements and Qualifications
• BA or higher in Anthropology, Archaeology or closely related field.
• The ability to independently identify prehistoric and historic-era cultural resources in the field.
• Six months of progressive experience participating in cultural resources field projects in the Southeast or Mid-Atlantic.
• Excellent interpersonal communication and attention to detail.
• Strong writing skills and clarity in notetaking.
• Experience with MS Office.
• Ability to communicate efficiently and respond quickly while working in the field.
• Experience working on state and federal lands.
• The ability to stand for long periods of time and hike 6 miles in rugged conditions while carrying appropriate equipment.
• Excavate a minimum of 30 shovel test pits (36 cm in diameter) per day depending on state requirements.
• Excavate shovel test pits in stratigraphic profiles and complete associated paperwork.
• Use a compass to stay on bearing while walking transects for both pedestrian survey and shovel testing.
• Familiarity with digital field technology (GPS, total station, iPad etc.) and GIS applications and software. Previous experience using Collector a plus.
• Ability to work both independently and with a team
• A driver’s license is required
• Must have a satisfactory driving record and complete a background check
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology, Archaeology or closely related field required. Certifications as required.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.
To apply: go to www.kleinfelder.com, Careers, Career Search, Advanced Search, Job #54117