TRC Environmental (TRC) is currently accepting resume for the position of entry to mid-level Project Archeologist in its Austin, Texas office.
The successful applicant will work alongside TRC’s staff of cultural and environmental resource professionals serving on a variety of Federal, State, municipal, and private clients.
A graduate degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field is preferred but not required for consideration. However, all applicants should preferably have past professional experience conducting archaeological surveys, testing, and data recover, as well as artifact analysis and writing on archeological reports for regulatory review.
Preference will be given to candidates with a specialization in one of the following: remote sensing, zooarcheology, bioarcheology, prehistoric ceramic analysis, historic archaeology, geomorphology, palynology and/or lab management/curation.
The individual will be supporting all types of archaeological projects, ranging from small local surveys through large, multi-year and multi-state energy projects.
Works closely with the TRC Cultural Team Lead/Principal Investigator, TRC archaeologists, environmental staff, permitting specialists, and managers. The position could include regular fieldwork and regular travel away from the home office. GIS experience is a plus.
Preferred knowledge, skills, and abilities include:
– Excellent oral and written communication skills.
– Excellent writing skills.
– 4+ years of progressive experience supporting archaeological projects in Texas, Oklahoma, and/or Arkansas.
– Has experience in all aspects of fieldwork including survey, testing, monitoring, and data recovery.
– Knowledge of digital field technology (Fulcrum app, Trimble, GPS, total station, etc.) and GIS applications and software.
– Self-motivated, physically able to conduct all aspects of fieldwork in all weather conditions.
– Excellent personnel and management skills
– Knowledge and experience with Section 106, NEPA, and other state and federal regulations and experience with other state’s environmental review processes and requirements.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including health benefits and a 401k plan with a company match.
EOE: Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled