SWCA Environmental Consultants is looking for a Cultural Resources Technician to join our Arlington, TX office. SWCA offers an exciting work environment with field projects all over the State of Texas and the surrounding region.
Your role will be to assist with field work on a variety of renewable energy, oil and gas, energy transmission, transportation, and land development projects. You should be able to work outside and travel. Compensation is based on experience and qualifications.
- Conduct archaeological field work including monitoring, survey, testing, and data recovery.
- Identify historic and prehistoric artifacts accurately.
- Complete sketch maps of archaeological sites / historic resources.
- Complete field forms efficiently and correctly.
- Photograph cultural resources.
- Use sub-meter GPS devices and tablets.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field.
- Have completed an accredited field school.
- Six (6) months field experience with a range of field methodologies, including survey, testing, excavation, and monitoring.
- Archaeological laboratory experience.
- Knowledge of TerraSync or ArcGIS Collector.
- Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, often at high altitudes, and the ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Willing to travel overnight for an extended period of time.
- Current valid driver’s license.
- Ability to pass a motor vehicle record screening.
- The ability to safely operate a four-wheel-drive vehicle on rugged, backcountry roads.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 480-581-5378. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
SWCA operates in compliance with all federal, state, and local COVID-19 safety protocols and vaccination requirements. As such, employment at SWCA is contingent upon providing proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or being granted an approved vaccination exemption before starting at SWCA.
EOE – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/LYz584ToKnVyfOyDUZoV7