Antiquity Consulting, LLC is seeking an on-call Field Archaeologist for cultural resources work in the southern Puget Sound and southwestern Washington. On-call work is flexible around your scheduling needs, and may transition to seasonal, part-time, or full-time work in 2022. Field Archaeologist positions start at $25/hr.
Antiquity’s Field Archaeologists are entry- to mid-level professionals who have completed or are in pursuit of a graduate degree; have at least 2 years of professional experience in cultural resource management, history, geology, or archaeology; and can work independently while leading a team in the field. This position requires:
• Experience in leading shovel probe surveys, and ability to conduct shovel probe survey as member of field crew.
• Commitment to mentor field technicians in the field and promote cooperative fieldwork that supports professional development of staff and other project contacts.
• Ability to describe and analyze soils/sediments.
• Ability to solve logistical problems in the field, including safety concerns, transportation issues, scheduling, and working with the Principal Investigator to ensure field work is conducted according to plan.
Looking for work as a field technician?
Antiquity’s Archaeological Field Technicians:
• Have completed or are in pursuit of a four-year degree, or have expert archaeological, historical, geological, or cultural knowledge.
• Can work independently as part of a cultural resource team in the field.
Archaeological Field Technician positions start at $20/hr.
On-call staff have potential to transition to 2022 seasonal or full-time employment. On-call employment is flexible around your scheduling needs. We are particularly understanding of student’s needs to work around fluctuating university schedules.
Antiquity Consulting, LLC is a woman-owned cultural resource management firm based in Olympia, Washington. Antiquity staff are committed to providing high-quality, efficient historical and archaeological services. Our company culture prioritizes ethics, integrity, curiosity, and excellence.
1107 West Bay Drive, Olympia, WA 98502
Send your CV and letter of interest to Beth Mathews, email@example.com. No phone calls or drop-ins please.