Quality Services, Inc. (QSI) is seeking a Director of Cultural Resources, Principal Investigator archeologist, to be based in Rapid City, South Dakota, but including travel to other locations. Required tasks include overall management of the cultural resources program, communication, project planning and management, supervising cultural resource principal investigators and inventories, archeological/historical/traditional cultural property site evaluation and mitigation, staff leadership, consulting with state and federal agencies and tribes, and writing and reviewing reports. Successful candidates will become integral members of our team of professionals and work in a responsive, positive environment.
• Master’s degree in archeology, anthropology, or a closely related field.
• Secretary of the Interior qualified as archeologist principal investigator.
• Five years of experience or more in similar work, at crew supervisor, project manager and/or PI level. Please make sure your experience is shown on vita in detail.
• Knowledge of soils and sediments.
• Technical report first author examples.
• Report and documents editing and review.
• Basic GIS knowledge and experience.
• Valid driver’s license and insurable under QSI current insurance policy.
• Business development and staff mentorship.
• Strong technical writing and editing skills.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Ability to positively interact with clients.
QSI is based in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota with multiple types of clients and projects of all sizes. We work in over 30 states in support of a variety of industries, services, and government agencies, completing over 700 projects per year. We work with multiple tribes on many projects both for tribal and non-tribal groups and projects.
Employee benefits include health and dental insurance, retirement plan, bonuses, paid leave, and paid holidays. Starting salary $65,000 to $80,000 or more per year. Salary will be commensurate with the person’s credentials, experience, and industry standards.
Rapid City is a growing, diverse community, with opportunities for young professionals, families, and retirees.
Relocation expense reimbursement or signing bonuses may be available for highly qualified selected applicants. To apply submit your detailed vita, driver’s license copy, writing samples (site forms, reports, articles, maps, or other relevant documents) and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.