Do you thrive in the pursuit of ensuring excellence in environmental consulting services for your clients? SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding their team and looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work. We are hoping to fill the position of Archaeological/Cultural Resources Crew Chief.
Our Albuquerque, New Mexico office offers a unique work environment and specializes in Cultural and Natural Resources.
Your role will be to Lead field crews and serve as crew chief on state and federal lands.
- Supervising and leading a crew while conducting archaeological monitoring, survey, testing, and data recovery.
- Communicating with Field Directors, Project Managers, and GIS staff through regular, scheduled field status reports.
- Participating in technical research and writing and data QA/QC for reporting efforts.
- Assisting with mapping responsibilities in the field, including collection of GPS data using Trimble units.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Anthropology, Archaeology or a closely related field required
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience with a wide range of field methodologies, including archaeological survey, testing, excavation, and monitoring required; experience in Southwest preferred
- Previous field supervisory experience required
- Completed accredited field school experience is highly preferred
- Ability to be listed on federal and state cultural resource permits in New Mexico
- Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, often at high altitudes, and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds is required
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or call 480-581-5378. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
SWCA operates in compliance with all federal, state, and local COVID-19 safety protocols and vaccination requirements. As such, employment at SWCA is contingent upon providing proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or being granted an approved vaccination exemption before starting at SWCA.
EOE – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/r7n6XpuXnGpzSokbfDkD5