RK&K is seeking qualified candidates for an archaeologist to support on-going and upcoming projects in the Southeastern and Mid-Atlantic regions. This is a permanent, full-time position located at RK&K’s Nashville, Tennessee office, though we would consider assignment at one of our other southeastern offices.
As a Field Manager you will work closely with other archaeologists and teams to conduct project planning, logistics, fieldwork, artifact analysis, and report writing. This position will require frequent travel away from the home office. Primary field assignments expected in Tennessee, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, and Georgia.
- Advanced degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or closely related field
- 10+ years of archaeological experience (Eastern US preferred)
- 3+ years of supervisory archaeological experience
- Experience with both precontract and historic period archaeological research
- Understanding of Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team that includes archaeologists, architectural historians, and environmental planners
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must be fluent in MS Office/Office365 and have basic computer literacy
- Register of Professional Archaeologists (RPA)
- Solid research, technical writing, and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail when authoring and reviewing work
- Experience with ArcGIS
Salary will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience and industry standards. RK&K offers a generous benefits package that includes retirement plan, medical/ dental/vision insurance, paid leave, and paid holidays.
RK&K maintains a drug-free workplace. Employees of RK&K are prohibited from engaging in the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana.
RK&K is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply here: https://www.click2apply.net/2V6LgJi4BJoJIRd7TDWLa