Terracon is seeking a full-time Archaeological Lab Supervisor in our Columbia, South Carolina office. The successful candidate must possess a B.A. or above in Archaeology or Anthropology and have at least one year of experience analyzing artifacts from the eastern U.S. Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in: Environmental, Facilities, Geotechnical, and Engineering Services.
Over its history, Terracon has achieved significant expansion through both internal growth and acquisitions. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in 150 offices nationwide. Terracon’s growth is due to dedicated employee owners who are responsive to clients, provide quality services, and take advantage of opportunities in the marketplace. By combining our national resources with specific local area expertise, we consistently overcome obstacles and deliver the results our clients expect.
As a Laboratory Supervisor with Terracon, you will be responsible for overseeing laboratory analyses and assisting with archaeological field investigations as needed. This position may also require assistance with other environmental consulting projects as assigned. The candidate must be able to work in physically demanding field conditions and overnight travel may be required.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- In accordance with company procedures, prepares reports for relatively simple projects, making appropriate recommendations as necessary.
- May assist more senior level Scientists on larger, more complex projects.
- Under the direction of a Principal Investigator, performs laboratory analysis, site visits, field observations, and field data collection and/or other field assignments.
- May serve as team member in meetings and communications with client pertaining to specific projects/tasks.
- Evaluates laboratory and field data and helps compile them for written reports.
- B.A. or above
- Minimum of one year of experience analyzing artifacts in the Eastern U.S.
- Ability and willingness to assist with field investigations as needed
- RA/RPA preferred
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Please apply online at http://www.terracon.com/careers/.
Requisition Number 18475BR
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.