SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding their team and looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion and delivering the highest-quality project work.
Our Las Vegas office offers a unique work environment and specializes in Cultural and Natural Resource Management.
Responsibilities Your role will assist with all project needs in the Great Basin and Southwest regions, primarily in Nevada, from our Las Vegas and Reno offices. Archaeological Field Technicians are needed to assist with a variety of project tasks including heavy equipment and construction monitoring, archaeological inventory and pedestrian survey, data recovery, and technical report production.
· Bachelor’s degree in Archaeology or Anthropology is preferred.
· An accredited Field School is preferred.
· Experience with a range of field methodologies; including survey, testing, excavation, and heavy equipment or ground disturbing activity monitoring is preferred.
· A willingness and ability to travel to a project location for several consecutive days.
· Physical ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds (in a backpack) is required, as is the physical ability to walk or hike for long hours during fieldwork.
· Sometimes field work is conducted in inclement weather, rugged terrain, and often at high altitudes. An understanding and willingness to safely accommodate these environmental challenges is required.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
· Must be able to pass a background check.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full-spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or call 480-581-5378. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
SWCA operates in compliance with all federal, state, and local COVID-19 safety protocols and vaccination requirements. As such, employment at SWCA is contingent upon providing proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or being granted an approved vaccination exemption before starting at SWCA.
EOE – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.