New South Associates, Inc. – Greensboro, NC
We are seeking a geophysical archaeologist in our Greensboro, North Carolina office. This entry level position is intended for a qualified individual who will be part of an archaeological geophysics team. They will join a fast paced and dynamic team of archaeologists performing geophysical surveys around the southeast. The geophysical archaeology program at New South conducts a variety of projects throughout the Southeastern United States including cemetery surveys, large-scale prehistoric sites, historic sites, and everything in between.
Candidates should be archaeologists with familiarity and some experience with near-surface geophysical field and processing method. Project assignments will involve directing field projects, processing and interpreting data, and preparing project reports.
· Master’s degree in anthropology or closely related field.
· Familiarity and experience with near-surface geophysical instruments and data processing.
· Basic ArcGIS skills
· Basic mapping skills with GPS and total station and a willingness to learn
· Good writing skills
· Leadership ability
· Communication skills
· Ability to travel (primarily within the southeast region)
· RPA Certification or Eligible for RPA Certification
· Experience with archaeological excavations methods
· Demonstrated ability to meet schedule and deadlines within a budget
· Preference will be shown for individuals with experience in the Lower South, Southeast, and Mid-Atlantic regions
Compensation will range between $45,000 and $55,000, commensurate with experience. New South Associates provides company paid health, dental, and vision insurance; paid time off; company holidays; a qualified bonus plan; and a 401k plan with 10% corporate match after one year’s employment. New South Associates supports and encourages professional conference participation and publication by its employees.
New South Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and women and minorities are encouraged to apply. This position will be based in our Greensboro, NC office.
To apply, please send a cover letter outlining your qualifications, resume, list of at least three references, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.