SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding their team and looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work. Our Raleigh office is seeking archaeological field technicians to conduct cultural resources investigations in the North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia.
Conduct archaeological fieldwork including monitoring, survey, testing, and data recovery. Assist with mapping responsibilities in the field, including collection of GPS data using Trimble units.
Project Details: Travel to/from the project will be covered along with both per diem and lodging including days off. It will be a 6 days on, 1 day off schedule (10 hour days) and will need to be available for at least the whole month of February. There will be other projects in NC and elsewhere with the possibility of longer term work.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field or six (6) months field experience with a range of field methodologies, including survey, testing, excavation, and monitoring required
- An accredited Field School Certification is [preferred].
- Experience with a wide range of field methodologies, including archaeological survey, testing, excavation, methodology and monitoring [preferred]
- Current valid driver’s license and the ability to safely operate a 4wd vehicle on rugged, backcountry roads required
- Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, often at high altitudes, and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds is required
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or call 480-581-5378. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
SWCA operates in compliance with all federal, state, and local COVID-19 safety protocols and vaccination requirements. As such, employment at SWCA is contingent upon providing proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or being granted an approved vaccination exemption before starting at SWCA.
EOE – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/ADnoz7HJbQoZUeWAfGgYn