Req ID 2471
Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all backgrounds. That’s why here at WSP, inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are core principles. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Senior Archaeologist for our Worcester, MA office. The following locations will also be considered: Waterbury, VT; Merrimack, NH; and remote locations in NE New York, Vermont, New Hampshire or the Berkshires. Be involved in projects with our Heritage Resource Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
- Lead and manage heritage and cultural resource projects in all market sectors
- Lead and manage task order contracts with government and private clients
- Participate in client engagement, business development, and proposal preparation
- Develop and implement research designs and budgets for heritage and cultural resource studies
- Technical report supervision
- Work with Tribal monitors and representatives
- Assist clients with state and federal regulations
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in anthropology, archaeology, or related discipline; Graduate degree strongly preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in heritage and cultural resource management in the Northeast/New England Regions; 7+ years of experience strongly preferred
- Clearly defined disciplinary expertise as shown by professional publications and presentations
- Understanding of heritage management market sectors and industry trends
- Thorough understanding of regulatory framework for heritage resource management compliance
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Proven project delivery track record
- Successful client engagement and business development
- Management of large, multi-year task-order contracts
- Management of interdisciplinary project teams
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s
- Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Minimum Years Experience: 5-7 years
- Travel Required: 25%
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: WORCESTER – N PARKWAY
- All locations: US-MA-Worcester, US-NH-Merrimack, US-VT-Waterbury
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world’s leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.