Cultural Resource Analysts, Inc. (CRA) seeks a Principal Investigator with regional experience in the Ohio Valley, including Ohio, West Virginia, Kentucky, and Pennsylvania. We are looking for a dedicated professional seeking a permanent, full-time position in association with our office in Hurricane, West Virginia. Archaeological experience and knowledge of the Upper and Middle Ohio River Valley is required for this position.
This position is eligible for a remote work option. For the West Virginia office, fieldwork typically takes place in West Virginia, southern Ohio, western Pennsylvania, and eastern Kentucky.
Join us, as we approach celebrating our 40th year in business! For nearly four decades, CRA has been recognized as one of the most respected, full-service cultural resource consulting firms in the United States. This success is directly attributed to CRA’s retention of an experienced, highly-skilled, multi-disciplinary team of cultural resource management professionals. With an understanding that it is the expertise and dedication of our team that forms the foundation of our reputation for high-quality work, CRA invests in its people and their professional development, and fosters a collaborative environment that emphasizes teamwork. The archaeologists, architectural historians, and historic preservation professionals that CRA employs, many of whom are leaders in their fields, are the core of our success. For more in-depth information about CRA and the exciting projects and opportunities we have, please visit our website at www.crai-ky.com. Join our team and grow with us!
- Employment Type: Salaried, Full-Time
- Compensation: $60,000 to $70,000, depending on experience
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Life (70% of employee medical coverage paid by employer and 50% of vision and dental coverage paid for all levels of coverage paid by employer. Coverage levels include Employee Only, Employee + Child, Employee + Spouse, and Family)
- Flexible Spending Plan offered
- 401(k) (up to 4% employer matched)
- Life insurance (100% paid by employer)
- Supplemental insurance policies offered (short-term disability, cancer, hospitalization)
- Paid holidays (8 days per year), sick leave (5 days per year), and vacation time (accrual of 5 days per year, to a maximum of 15 days)
- Professional development stipend ($500 per year)
- Registered Professional Archaeologist (RPA) annual renewal payment for Affiliated status
- Direct and manage compliance projects for clients in both the public and private sectors, including multiple simultaneous projects;
- Prepare proposals and budgets, develop scopes of work, oversee projects and manage field crews;
- Conduct fieldwork for all phases of archaeological monitoring, survey, evaluation, and data recovery, including projects that may require stays away from home;
- Conduct analyses, interpret analytical data, and prepare technical reports for all phases of fieldwork;
- Supervise field staff, including review and editing of technical reports; and
- Contribute to business development and interact with clients in a professional and effective manner.
- A graduate degree in Anthropology;
- Qualification under the Secretary of the Interior Standards (48 FR 44716) in archaeology;
- RPA, or eligible for RPA;
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a Principal Investigator; and
- Ability to work in a variety of field conditions, including both walking and operating 4-wheel drive vehicles in mountainous Appalachian terrain.
- Have additional qualifications? Let us know where you excel!
Remote Work Option:
- Report writing, desktop research, artifact analysis, remote meetings and other tasks may be conducted remotely at the Principals Investigator’s place of residence.
- The Principal Investigator will travel and be on-site for all assigned fieldwork.
- Travel may be required to the Hurricane, West Virginia office or other locations for public and private meetings, archival research, training, and other project tasks that may necessitate face-to-face meetings.
Please indicate when you will be available, and submit a resume with three references to the following link:
If you have questions, please contact Bridgette Robinson at email@example.com, or mail to Cultural Resource Analysts, Inc., 151 Walton Avenue, Lexington, KY 40508 ATTN: B. Robinson.
Cultural Resource Analysts, Inc. employees are required to undergo a background check that includes driving history. CRA reserves the right to perform drug/alcohol testing as a condition of continued employment. Cultural Resource Analysts, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.