SWCA has an opportunity in our Sheridan, Wyoming office for Archaeological Field Technicians who will assist the Field Director and Project Team in completing archaeological pedestrian surveys, testing, and other field tasks. You will assist with GPS data collection using tablet units and communicate with the Team through daily reporting of field activities. Our Sheridan, Wyoming office has several project opportunities in Montana and Wyoming. Our team fosters a supportive, learning environment, and strives for the highest-quality data collection.
Your role will be to conduct archaeological fieldwork including survey, testing, and resource documentation. Tasks may include mapping, photography, and artifact and feature recording, including collection of GPS data using tablets. This is a field position requiring travel and extensive time away from home, often working long hours in a variety of environments and conditions (including high altitude, variable temperatures, steep slopes, and inclement weather).
- A Bachelor’s Degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field is required (however students working toward a Bachelor’s Degree in anthropology or archaeology are also encouraged to apply).
- Archaeology field school, prior cultural resource management experience, or comparable experience is required.
- Experience with a wide range of field methodologies, including archaeological survey, testing, excavation, methodology and/or monitoring for at least three months is preferred.
- Knowledge of Collector for ArcGIS is a plus
- Current valid driver’s license and the ability to safely operate a 4wd vehicle on rugged, backcountry roads required
- Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, often at high altitudes, and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds is required
SWCA Environmental Consultants is an established and flourishing environmental firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental compliance services. SWCA is an employee-owned company composed of environmental professionals who specialize in natural and cultural resource management, environmental planning, and regulatory compliance.
With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance companies and consistently ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms. We offer a team-oriented work environment, and a competitive compensation and benefits package, including an employee stock ownership plan (retirement) for full-time, regular employees. Some benefits are also available to on-call, temporary or part-time employees.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or call 480-581-5378. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.