Balkan Heritage offers field schools in archaeology, conservation and historic preservation. Join projects exploring diverse sites from Pre-History, Graeco-Roman Antiquity and the Middle Ages at locations across the Balkans. Learn fieldwork, drawing, sketching, photography, and photogrammetry and RTI techniques.
- Underwater Archaeology in the Black Sea (Bulgaria)
- The Neolithic of the Holy Land: Excavations at the Neolithic site of Sha’ar Hagolan (Israel)
- Neanderthal Crossroads: Excavations at the Middle Paleolithic Site Uzun Mera (N. Macedonia)
- Stobi (The Capital City of Macedonia Secunda) Excavation Project (N. Macedonia)
- Tell Yunatsite Excavations – Seeking Europe’s First Civilization (Bulgaria)
- Ancient Greeks in the Land of Dionysos – Excavation of Emporion Pistiros, Thrace (Bulgaria)
- Bona Mansio – Roman Road Station on Via Diagonalis (Bulgaria)
- Workshops for Interventive & Preventive Conservation of Metal, Paper and Textiles (Greece)
- Workshop for Conservation of Roman Mosaics (N. Macedonia)
- Workshops for Conservation of Roman Pottery and Glass (N. Macedonia)
- “Fresco Hunting” Photo Research Expedition to Medieval Balkan Churches (Bulgaria)
Academic credits are available through our partners.
For more information and to apply: https://www.bhfieldschool.org/program