Archaeological Field Technicians for Phase III, Putnam County, West Virginia
RK&K is seeking qualified archaeological field technicians for a Phase III data recovery project in Putnam County, West Virginia. Lodging will be provided for workdays. The project is expected to begin mid-April and last approximately 10 weeks. Field work will be conducted in 10-day sessions.
Pay: $16.00-$18.00 per hour/ Per Diem up to $55.00 day
· BA/BS in Archaeology, Anthropology or related field, plus archaeological field school
· Phase III data recovery experience strongly preferred (mechanical excavation, prehistoric feature identification and excavation)
· Ability to work well with others
· Must be able to use mobile technology and operate efficiently in Microsoft Office
· Ability to work in the field under adverse conditions
· Ability to work in inclement weather condition
· Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
· Ability to document excavations and record detailed notes
This position will be exposed to normal and extreme weather at times. The majority of the work is performed outside.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
“RK&K maintains a drug-free workplace. Employees of RK&K are prohibited from engaging in the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana”
RK&K ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information, require special assistance for persons with disabilities, or limited English proficiency, you may contact Human Resources at (410)728-2900.