San Diego County, California
Archaeological Field Technicians for Data Recovery in San Diego, CA
ASM Affiliates (ASM) is seeking to hire Archaeological Field Technicians for an upcoming Data Recovery archaeological field investigation in San Diego, CA. The project is tentatively scheduled to begin in May and scheduled to last approximately six weeks in the field with a potential for continued laboratory work or transitions to other local projects.
The current projected workload consists primarily of local non-per diem jobs. Most of the work will entail daily commuting to and from job sites throughout San Diego County, California with the occasional short duration projects in adjacent counties such as Imperial, Orange, Riverside, Los Angeles, and San Bernardino. Hiring will occur on an as-needed basis per individual project until fully staffed.
– Bachelor’s degree or higher in Archaeology/Anthropology (or AA degree/certificate with 10+ years’ experience)
– One field school offered by accredited educational institution
– At least 1+ years of professional field work experience or equivalent including shovel testing and unit excavations
– Demonstration of experience in Phase II Evaluations and Phase III data recovery
– Demonstrate knowledge of local prehistory and artifact identification
– Be willing to work in and adapt to a variety of environments and challenging field conditions
– Excellent writing and communication skills
– Proficient in the use of tablets to fill out forms
– Preference will be given to candidates with previous excavation experience and experience using ESRI Collector or Field Maps and digital forms such as Wildnote or JotForm
Work duties will be performed outdoors and standing for long durations, shoveling, screening, and the lifting and transport of loads up to 25 lbs.
Pay starts at $20/hr and up and is determined based on qualifications and experience.
How to Apply: Send your cover letter and CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Field Technician – Data Recovery SD.
ASM Affiliates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer