Archaeologist Cleveland, Ohio, United States Technical & Specialist 03/09/2021
Arcadis is looking to hire an Archaeologist to support our Environment Business Line in the Midwest or California. The position may be report to our Indianapolis, IN; Wexford, PA; or one of our Ohio office locations in the Midwest or the office in Irvine, CA or San Luis Obispo, CA.
As an Archaeologist, you will support our Environmental Permitting and Planning practice with on-going cultural resource needs for projects in the Midwest.
The position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting archaeological fieldwork for multiple projects and at all levels of investigation (Phases I-III).
- Managing archaeological field staff and archaeological field crews.
- Serving as a Field Director/Staff Archaeologist for the Great Lakes and Midwest Region.
- Assisting/leading field assessments related to archaeological projects.
- Conducting shovel testing and pedestrian surveys.
- Performing physically demanding tasks in adverse environmental conditions (e.g., rugged and unfamiliar terrain, remote locations, hot and cold temperatures).
- Preparing technical analyses and field documentation including historic artifact analysis, field investigation summaries, and photographic documentation.
Desired skills and experience:
- Basic knowledge of cultural resources management and Section 106
- Experience conducting archaeological fieldwork and supervising field crews
- Working knowledge of GPS systems or ArcGIS collector
- Ability to walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, as well as, carry supplies weighing up to 40 pounds
- Possess a valid driver’s license, be able to operate a 4×4 vehicle, and pass a background check
- Ability to travel up to 50% #LI-RJ1
- Master’s degree in Archaeology or a related field
- 2 years of cultural resources management experience
- Technical skill specialty, such as but not limited to, geographic information system (GIS) mapping, geoarchaeology, geophysical survey, prehistoric or historic artifact analysis, or archival research
- Fieldwork experience in Midwest, Mid-Atlantic, or Southeast U.S.
Why Choose Arcadis
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About this Business Line
Now more than ever, businesses and governments recognize the need to incorporate environmental concerns into their decision making. As the leader in global environmental services, Arcadis has provided innovative and sustainable solutions to some of the world’s most complex projects. We literally wrote the book on environmental remediation, and our experts continue to pioneer the development and application of cutting-edge approaches in environmental planning, site evaluation, environmental construction and strategic environmental consulting as well. Join us in making a cleaner, safer world a reality.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.