Heritage Consultants, LLC is seeking full time Field Archaeologists for upcoming projects work throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and New York. Our company has a backlog of fieldwork that will last well into the fall season of 2022. Fieldwork will include Pedestrian Surveys, Phase I Surveys, Phase II Testing Projects, and Phase III Data Recovery Projects for a variety of different client types.
Qualified candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or a related field;
- Completed an accredited archaeological field school;
- At least 6 months of archaeological field experience with a professional cultural resources firm;
- Experience performing archaeological survey and excavation;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work well with others and be a proactive part of a project team;
- Detailed note taking skills;
- A valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation;
- Ability to operate GPS units and navigate using USGS maps/aerial photography preferred.
Please send a cover letter (in PDF or WORD format) that presents your field experience, including any in New England or New York; a copy of your resume/CV, contact information for at least of two references; and a date of availability to email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Starting pay ranges from $17 to $19 per hour depending upon experience. Per diem of up to $50 per day is available depending on the project; no receipts required. Mileage reimbursements are offered and single occupancy hotel rooms are the standard. Hotels also will be offered on Sunday evenings for appropriate candidates.
Heritage Consultants, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.