About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking Cultural Resources Technicians in our Houston, Texas office to assist with cultural resources management work within the Texas and the Gulf Coast region. SWCA’s Houston, Texas office offers a unique work environment and a diversified client-base, including oil and gas, generation/renewables, transportation, water infrastructure, and land development.
This is a temporary, on-call position.
What you will accomplish
Complete archaeological surveying, field testing, including shovel test pits and excavation units, data recovery, and associated field recording, including completion of field forms, digital photography and in-field mapping. Assist with archaeological office and lab work and GPS data collection in the field under the direction of a Field Lead or Project Archaeologist.
Experience and qualifications for success
- High School Diploma
- Completion of an accredited archaeological field school.
- Ability to travel to a location, walk, and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather (including extreme heat and humidity), rugged terrain, often at high altitudes.
- Ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Current valid driver’s license and ability to safely operate a 4wd vehicle on rugged, backcountry roads required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field is preferred.
- 6+ months experience with a wide range of field methodologies, including archaeological survey, testing, excavation, methodology and monitoring.
- Knowledge of Collector and Survey123.
- Compensation based on education and experience.
- This is a temporary, on-call position.
- Estimated time in the field is 90-100%
- Project schedules may often include up to 12-hour days, 6 days a week for extended periods.
- Hours worked over 40 hours per week are paid at time-and-a-half rate.
- Single occupancy hotels paid directly by SWCA.
- Per diem up to $59 for full day, unless otherwise noted for specific projects.
- Vehicles provided for projects.
- Opportunity for advancement within SWCA.
If you are seeking an opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions, then SWCA will be a great fit for you!
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 480-581-5378. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
SWCA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.
Additional information: $15-20/Hour