EDR is looking to hire multiple qualified Archaeological Field Assistants for immediate and upcoming Phase I archaeological survey projects located in New York and Ohio. These positions are temporary (i.e., on a per project basis) but are anticipated to be continuous throughout the 2022 field season.
Schedule and compensation:
- Schedule: Monday through Friday; 8-hour days (40 hours weekly, off Saturday and Sunday; our typical schedule may need to be adjusted to meet specific project demands, although that is unusual).
- Compensation: typically $17-$20 per hour (based on experience and work history with EDR; overtime paid for hours worked above 40)
- Lodging: Single occupancy hotel room; hotel rooms can be provided over weekends for non-local staff for most projects
- Per Diem: dependent on individual project requirements but typically $50 non-receipt per diem on workdays
- Safety: all employees will adhere to EDR’s standard health & safety procedures and employment policies. EDR has and will continue to adjust our practices and policies with regard to COVID-19 to conform with evolving federal and state guidelines.
- at least 1-year experience conducting Phase I, II, and/or III archaeological investigations in New York, Ohio, New England, and/or the Mid-Atlantic;
- the ability to travel (locally and out of state when required);
- the ability to work outdoors in all kinds of weather;
- physical endurance to conduct archaeological field surveys in remote and challenging environments;
- a positive attitude, enthusiasm for teamwork, and appreciation for both the challenges and benefits of working in an outdoor field environment;
- the ability to carry equipment (shovel and screen, GPS unit, cameras) while conducting fieldwork;
- the ability to read and understand maps – prior experience with digital data collection, such as use of GPS, ArcGIS Online, Collector, and Survey 123 is preferred;
- the ability to prepare field records and drawings; and
- a BA/BS degree in anthropology, history or related field, and completion of an archaeological field school.
EDR is a multi-disciplinary environmental consulting and design firm with offices in Syracuse, Rochester, and Albany, NY, Hershey, PA, and Columbus, OH. Our cultural resources staff includes archaeologists, architectural historians, and historic preservation planners supported by a diverse group of environmental professionals with expertise in Geographic Information Systems (GIS), environmental permitting, wetland delineations, ecology, wildlife biology, botany, visual impact analysis, community planning, landscape architecture, and engineering.
To learn more about career opportunities at EDR please visit https://www.edrdpc.com/our-firm/career-opportunities.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.