Archaeology Field Technician
(Full Time Hourly with Benefits)
Dutton + Associates, LLC (D+A) is seeking Archaeology Field Technicians to join its Archaeology Group. This is an hourly position with pay starting at $17 per hour and includes health and dental benefits, one week of paid time off, and eight (8) paid holidays. The position will be based out of D+A’s home office in Midlothian, Virginia and some regional overnight travel is expected.
Archaeology Field Technicians will work closely with Archaeology Field Supervisors and will be responsible for implementing surveys methods and documenting findings in accordance with all applicable standards and guidelines. Specific job responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Carry out archaeological investigations (Phase I identification, Phase II evaluation, Phase III data recovery, and archaeological monitoring) in a Cultural Resources Management setting;
- Conduct archaeological excavation outdoors in all weather conditions in both rural and urban environments; with overnight stays on out-of-town projects when required;
- Work with and provide support to other members of the Archaeology Group in assisting with other field and laboratory activities as required;
- Demonstrate a “Safety First” focus;
- Maintain a high standard of ethical behavior and uphold D+A’s reputation;
- Perform other duties as required, including but not limited to, artifact processing, reporting, research, and technical services.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Archaeology, Anthropology or related field from a recognized program;
- Ability to implement archaeological field methodologies efficiently and at a brisk pace;
- Ability to lift and carry 40lbs across diverse terrain for long distances and in a variety of weather conditions;
- Demonstrated ability to work as team member; and
- A valid state driver’s license and good driving record.
Applicants should provide a cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all individuals who express interest in the position but only those individuals who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
Dutton + Associates, LLC is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis.