Dutton + Associates, LLC (D+A) is seeking an entry-level Architectural History Technician to join its dynamic interdisciplinary Cultural Resources group. This is an hourly position with pay starting at $17 per hour and includes health and dental benefits, one week of paid time off, and eight (8) paid holidays.
D+A is a small woman-owned business providing cultural resource management services to public and private sector clients within the Mid-Atlantic region. Responsibilities of this position will include conducting field surveys to identify and document historic resources, writing resource descriptions, assisting with historical research, and preparing data for entry in the Virginia Department of Historic Resources (VDHR) Cultural Resource Information System (VCRIS). The position will be based out of D+A’s home office in Midlothian, Virginia and some regional overnight travel is expected.
Job responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Perform field survey and documentation of historic buildings, structures, districts and battlefields;
- Assemble historic resource site file forms, site maps, and photographs;
- Contribute to reports and National Register nominations as needed;
- Become familiar with D+A’s Project Management system and technical standards in order to support the project managers in the delivery of consulting services to our clients;
- Maintain a high standard of ethical behavior;
- Demonstrate a commitment to D+A’s Core Values; and,
- Perform other duties as required.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architectural History, Historic Preservation, or closely related field from a recognized program;
- Strong working knowledge of American architectural types and styles;
- Experience photographing historic resources;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to work on simultaneous tasks while meeting project deadlines and adhering to project budgets;
- Ability to travel overnight, as needed, for fieldwork;
- Ability to work both independently as well as collaborate on a small team;
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Applicants should provide a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com. No phone calls please. We thank all individuals who express interest in the position but only those individuals who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
Dutton + Associates, LLC is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis.