Archaeological Compliance Monitor
POWER is seeking a FULL TIME/Permanent Archaeological Field Monitor for our Cultural Resource Group to join the Environmental Practice team working in the Colorado and Utah Area. The position will require a full-time commitment to a single project in Northwest Colorado. Position includes a full suite of benefits listed below. This is a full-time position with a long-term steady work schedule with numerous opportunities for overtime and per diem. The POWER Engineers Western Cultural Resource Department is a fast-growing team of Archaeologists that is looking to staff a large long-term project with experienced and seasoned archaeologists. Along with the qualifications listed below we are looking for an outgoing and motivated individual who is seeking to improve or expand their skills as a Full-time Archaeologist helping to positively contribute to our team. Compliance Monitoring, log upkeep, daily inspections, ongoing communication, and safety will be the primary focus of the position. Familiarity with iPad tablets, digital forms, uploading and downloading data, photography, and GPS units are highly recommended.
POWER Engineers’ Environmental Division provides planning, permitting, engineering, site assessment and corrective action services to clients worldwide.
Roles and responsibilities
- Monitoring and Reporting on Project construction Compliance during project construction
- Being familiar with project documents including Plan of Development, Project Class III, Historic Property Treatment Plans, and NAGPRA Guidelines
- Directing Archaeological monitoring managing temporary field staff or subcontractors
- Preparing daily reports, Project forms, and Project final reports
- Assisting with the day-to-day management of complex projects and subcontractor coordination
- Field Monitor Coordination
- Pedestrian field inventory
- Evaluative testing, site mitigation and monitoring
- Class I File searches and background research
- Pre-field preparation, site form preparation, and technical report writing
- Assist coordination with Federal and State Agencies and Project stakeholders
- Bachelor or Master degree or commensurate experience in Archaeology, Anthropology, or a related discipline is preferred, however well-qualified candidates with 5 to 10+ years- of Archaeological experience.
- Five to Ten (5 to10)+ years of experience as a project archaeologist/field director/crew chief in the American Great Basin, Colorado Plateau, Northern Plains or Colorado Western Slope region.
- Ability to Qualify for State and/or Federal Agency Permitting in Colorado is highly preferred but not required. The ability to also be permitted in any of the surrounding States including New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, or California would be preferred, but is not required.
- Experience in the Colorado Plateau, Northern Plains, and the Great Basin Regions is preferred
- Ability to work independently, fully planning and executing personal assignments with minimal instruction
- Knowledge of health and safety standards
- Ability to work long hours, in harsh environments, and in varying weather conditions
- Ability to successfully lead teams composed of diverse personalities
- Candidates may expect to be subject to client or project specific formal background checks or drug test regimens
- Strong research and writing skills
- Qualified applicants should possess strong leadership, technical, and communication skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of equipment, technology, and paperwork used in the recording and documentation of archaeological sites and artifacts in various states
- Demonstrated experience in archaeological analysis and report writing
- Willingness to live and work in northwestern Colorado for an extended period of time
At POWER Engineers, you can have a rewarding career on every level. You’ll work on fun and challenging projects and initiatives. You’ll have the chance to make a positive impact on society and the environment. And you’ll find the support, coaching and training it takes to advance your career.Since we’re employee-owned, we get to make POWER a great place to work. That includes providing competitive compensation, professional development and a full benefit package:
- Maternity Leave
- Parental Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation/Paid Sick Leave
- Voluntary Life Insurance
POWER is a fun engineering and environmental firm. That might seem contradictory to some, but it works for us!
Salary Range: $30+ per hour based on Experience and availability
Apply with the link Below: