Technical & Specialist
Job available in 6 locations
Cincinnati, OH, United States
Wexford, PA, United States
Cleveland, OH, United States
Columbus, OH, United States
Newtown, PA, United States
Lexington, KY, United States
At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is ‘people first’, and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people’s lives. You’re encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
Arcadis is seeking a full-time Archaeologist with two or more years of experience in cultural resources management. The qualified candidate must have practical field experience to join our environmental permitting teams in the Midwest/Northeast including Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Cleveland, OH; Wexford, PA; Newtown, PA; Charleston, WV; Lexington, KY. The duties of the position may include desktop review, archaeological survey support, report preparation support, and compliance monitoring for a variety of capital improvement, maintenance, and remediation projects in a variety of client sectors, including oil and gas, utility, rail, and mining.
- Conduct archaeological fieldwork for multiple projects and at all levels of investigation (site identification to data recovery).
- Archaeological monitoring.
- Manage archaeological field staff and archaeological field crews.
- Serve as a Field Director/Staff Archaeologist.
- Assist/lead for field assessments related to archaeological projects, when required.
- Perform physically demanding tasks in adverse environmental conditions (e.g., rugged and unfamiliar terrain, remote locations, hot and cold temperatures).
- The ability to travel to different project locations. (Field work may be up to 50% of time.)
- The ability to walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, as well as carry supplies weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Conduct shovel testing, pedestrian survey, and site documentation.
- Prepare technical analyses and documents.
- Assist other environmental groups with fieldwork, on occasion (e.g. wetland delineation, site remediation)
Qualifications & Experience:
- 1-2 years of experience in cultural resources management
- Master’s degree in archaeology or a related field
- Demonstrated experience supervising archaeological field crews
- Demonstrated practical field experience in the U.S. (and specifically the region of hire)
- Working knowledge of GPS systems
- Exhibit solid, practical skills in Microsoft Office applications [spreadsheet (Excel), word processing (Word), and presentations (PowerPoint)]
- Ability to work with a team including internal staff and external clients
- Basic knowledge of cultural resources management and Section 106
- 3-5+ years of experience in cultural resources management
- Working knowledge of NEPA
- Experience working with tribes
- Strong technical writing and communications skills
- Knowledgeable in the use of digital data collection tools and experience in geographic information system (GIS) mapping, geoarchaeology, or geophysical survey
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people’s lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth’s resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients’ most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it’s not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Transform Your World#LI-SC1
Salary range $55-75k a year