Company: TRC Companies
Title: Project Archaeologist / Field Director
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, however $26/hr to $32/hr
Location: Lanham, MD
Email contact: Tim Sara. Please send a letter of interest and resume/CV with at least two recent work references to: TSara@trccompanies.com
TRC Companies, Inc. a pioneer in ground-breaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, is an engineering consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
Our Environmental Sector delivers comprehensive environmental solutions to meet the full project lifecycle needs of clients in renewable energy, oil & gas, transportation, and manufacturing industries. With one of the largest multimedia air and land permitting and compliance teams in the country, we support client success in manufacturing and industry, liquids delivery and processing, natural gas storage and delivery, power generation and delivery, and transportation projects.
TRC has an opening for a full-time, permanent Archaeological Field Director or Project Archaeologist in our Lanham, Maryland office. This position will be based on candidate’s professional experience and qualifications.
This person will work on large-scale and small-scale projects throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast regions. We are looking for an individual enthusiastic about his/her work with a strong commitment to client service and technical excellence. The successful candidate will enjoy the challenges of working alongside others in a fast-paced environment and of helping to develop effective solutions to both expected and unexpected project challenges. This position will require travel away from the home office during the field season. TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including health benefits and a 401k plan with a company match.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Direct all types of archaeological projects, ranging from small local surveys through large, multi-year and multi-state projects
- Handle planning, logistics, and supervision of fieldwork for projects as assigned and author reports, under the direction of the Project Manager/Principal Investigator
- Promote TRC safety and quality standards, policies and procedures and ensure field employees comply
- Ensure that all work and data collected are accurate, organized, and of high quality
- Abide by Company policies and procedures
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- An MA or MS in anthropology with a focus in terrestrial archeology
- Experience in all aspects of archaeological fieldwork, including supervisory experience
- Familiarity with digital field technology (GPS units, tablets, cameras)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A commitment to safety
- Ability to accomplish tasks in a timely manner, with a track record of meeting deadlines
- Ability to conduct fieldwork and direct crews at times on multi-week projects
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills
- The ability to work well on a team and individually
- Basic knowledge of Section 106 and state and federal regulations and environmental review processes and requirements
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Successful completion of a background check and drug screen
- Please include a minimum of two recent work references
TRC is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.trccompanies.com/.