SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding their team and looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work. Our Raleigh office is seeking archaeological field technicians to conduct cultural resources investigations in the North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia.
- Conduct archaeological fieldwork including survey, monitoring, testing, and data recovery.
- Assist with mapping responsibilities in the field, including data collection using tablets and GPS.
Project Details: Travel to/from the project will be covered along with both per diem ($59/day) and lodging provided, including days off (7 days of per diem and lodging for fieldwork). Competitive pay rates. Fieldwork schedules are typically a 6 days on, 1 day off schedule (10 hour days). There will be other projects in NC and potentially through one of our 41 other SWCA offices throughout the U.S. with the possibility of longer-term work.
Cooperation with SWCA’s high standards of safety in the field and office are required (PPE that is required will be supplied) including all staff’s right to call a “Safety Timeout” at any time when unsafe work conditions are observed.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in anthropology (concentration in archaeology), archaeology, the geosciences (with coursework in archaeology), or a closely related field with 3-6 months field experience in cultural resources with a range of field methodologies, including survey, testing, excavation, and monitoring required.
- An accredited Field School Certification is [preferred but not required with the field experience described above].
- Experience with a wide range of field methodologies, including archaeological survey, testing, excavation, methodology and monitoring [preferred].
- Experience or coursework in the geosciences (geomorphology, sedimentology, pedology, etc.) preferred by not required.
- Must be very flexible, adaptable to rapidly changing project conditions, function well in a supportive but intense work environment, and maintain patience with a positive outlook throughout both daily and challenging situations.
- Current valid driver’s license and the ability to safely operate a 4wd vehicle on rugged, backcountry roads required.
- Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, often at high altitudes, and ability to carry equipment and supplies (shovels and screens) weighing up to 40 pounds is required.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 480-581-5378. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
$18.00 – $20.00