Archaeological Technicians and Monitors – Nevada, California, and Utah – Temporary Full-Time & Part-Time
Founded in 1979, Far Western is one of the largest cultural resource management firms in the western United States and has a proven track record of innovative research within a CRM context. We currently work with federal, state, and local agencies in Nevada, California, Utah, and Arizona in the military, transportation, development, and energy sectors.
We are currently seeking archaeologists, archaeological technicians, and monitors for several positions open on a variety of survey, monitoring, and excavation projects in Nevada, California, Utah, and Arizona throughout 2022. Per diem (hotel and camping) is competitive and, depending on experience, we are offering base pay rates between $19-$26.50/hour depending on experience (some projects will be subject to prevailing wage).
A candidate must have the following qualifications:
· A bachelor’s degree or higher in anthropology/archaeology (or related field).
· A field school or commensurate Great Basin or California CRM field experience (e.g., survey, precontact and historic-era site identification/documentation/data collection, excavation, and familiarity with common electronic devices and hand-held tools).
· Ability to hike eight to ten miles a day for up to 10 consecutive days in rugged terrain and variable weather.
· Ability to camp overnight in remote locations, as needed.
· Detail-oriented, ability to adapt to varying data collection needs, attention to field methods/pace, and effectiveness in verbal and written communication.
· Interest in and ability to collaboratively interact with clients, Native American representatives, and co-workers.
· Ability to comply within Far Western’s Safety Program and other Far Western protocols, COVID-19 and otherwise.
Far Western will give priority to applicants with Great Basin, Southwest, and California field experience.
Please email a Word or PDF version of your full CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out Far Western’s website and feel free to link up with us on social media: