SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding their cultural resource team and looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work. Our Pittsburgh office offers a unique work environment and specializes in complex cultural resource management projects.
SWCA’s Pittsburgh Office has four weeks of fieldwork scheduled to start on July 11, in eastern Tennessee and multiple weeks of work in central and eastern Pennsylvania scheduled to start on July 18. Beyond these initial projects, there is a potential for additional projects to follow. Pay rate will be based on experience, with overtime paid at time-and-a-half, $59/day per diem, no receipts required. Single occupancy hotels will be provided for out of town employees. Work will consist of six, 10-hour days, with Sundays off. Per Diem and hotel will be provided on Sunday.
An employee in this position out of the Pittsburgh office, can expect a rate between $16.00 and $21.00 per hour, depending on experience, geographic locations, client requirements where applicable, and other factors permitted by law. Employees in this position are eligible for consideration for SWCA’s annual bonus program, which provides awards based on individual and organizational performance.
· Ideal candidates will be based in proximity to the project area or the Pittsburgh Office.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field or and experience with a range of field methodologies, including survey, testing, excavation, and monitoring.
· An accredited Field School Certification is preferred.
· Preferred candidates will have experience working in the Midwest/Mid-Atlantic
· Current valid driver’s license and the ability to safely operate a 4wd vehicle on rugged, backcountry roads required.
· Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds is required.
Interested applicants should apply here: https://careers-swca.icims.com/jobs/11659/cultural-resources-technician/job
EOE – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.