Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Tetra Tech’s commitment to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them thrive professionally is stronger than ever. We are currently seeking an experienced Archaeologist/Cultural Resources Manager for the position of Senior Archaeologist in the Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, and ID). Hours may vary depending on project-specific workload. Pay rate will be based on individual qualifications and experience. The selected applicant will prepare and review cultural resource reports, site forms, maps, and photo documents. Applicants must have a high level of attention to detail, be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, and have experience with GIS. The selected applicant will be expected to prepare documents for submittal to state and federal agencies.
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. Position would preferably be based in our Portland, OR. office. Our Bothell, WA, or Boise, ID offices may also be considered. Working from home a possibility. The preferred candidate will be a resident of the region. Applicants should be available to travel to project sites in the Pacific Northwest as necessary for site visits and fieldwork duties. Prior work experience in the region is required.
Projects will primarily be renewable energy-related in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho, but additional types of projects throughout the US can be expected. Required tasks include assisting Principal Investigators by overseeing surveys, NRHP-eligibility evaluations, consulting with state and federal agencies and tribes, writing reports, and customer service.
· The candidate will provide support to Tetra Tech’s cultural resources and renewable energy environmental compliance team in the western US, leading cultural resource surveys and tasks in the Pacific Northwest, typically as part of larger permitting, compliance, or due diligence efforts.
· Provide regulatory compliance support for Federal, state, municipal, and commercial clients.
· Work with a geographically dispersed team and meet multiple, simultaneous deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
· Author cultural resources technical reports for various clients and agencies.
· Contribute to local, state, and federal regulatory compliance or permitting documents.
· A Master’s Degree in Anthropology or a closely related field is required.
· At least 8 years of experience in cultural resource management (CRM) and/or some supervisory experience on archeological projects, with 2 years having been in the Pacific Northwest.
· Strong writing and editing skills with ability to complete cultural resource forms/documents in a timely manner.
· Experience with federal and state report and site form procedures and policies, especially in the Pacific Northwest.
· Experience with large-scale cultural resource projects.
· Able to write reports based on experience with a wide range of field methodologies, including survey, testing, excavation, and monitoring throughout western U.S.
· Able to write reports based on experience identifying a variety of prehistoric and historic resource types, flora, and fauna.
· Attention to detail a must.
· Self-motivated, respectful of others, positive, energetic, and able to work and participate in a team environment.
· Past experience working with tribes is preferred.
· Able to pass a drug screening.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
· Has ability to perform bending, kneeling, standing, and lifting and carrying objects weighing 35 lbs. and have a tolerance for working in outdoor environments, including prolonged walking or standing on various terrain in a wide range of weather conditions.
· Performs manual labor including excavation with shovels.
· Availability to work extended field rotations (sometimes 10-12 days at a time).
Salary commensurate with experience.
Salary Range: $70,000 – $84,000 Yr.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities as well as project requirements.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—20,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech’s core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.