Company Name: SWCA Environmental Consultants
Position Title: Cultural Resources Technician
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Salary range $30-$33 per hour
SWCA has an opportunity in our San Diego, Ca. office for Archaeological Field Technicians who will assist the Field Director and Project Team in completing archaeological pedestrian surveys, construction monitoring, and other field or office tasks. You will assist with GPS data collection using tablet units, coordinate with contractors in the field, and communicate with the Team through daily reporting of field activities. This is an on-call, hourly position. You should be available to work full-time on an as-needed, on-call basis.
Our San Diego office offers a unique work environment and specializes in Cultural Resources Management and Environmental Compliance.
- Demonstrate and maintain SWCA’s high standard of scientific ethics and quality assurance, and have the awareness to identify and resolve challenges in creative ways
- Perform all aspects of archaeological survey, excavation, monitoring, data collection and documentation in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal guidelines and requirements
- Identify cultural materials while safely working on construction sites and around heavy equipment; communicate resource requirements with construction personnel and other monitors
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with construction crews and project personnel
- Maintain written daily survey, monitoring, or site-recordation logs and provide daily email updates to project management.
- Perform digital photography, and utilize electronic data collection tools and GIS mapping applications
- Perform basic laboratory studies
- Follow instructions and ask informed questions
- Maintain a high level of professionalism at all times, and during all interactions with project personnel and members of the public.
- A bachelor’s degree in anthropology, archaeology, history, or a closely related field is required
- Participation in an accredited field school or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of professional experience in San Diego county identifying and documenting cultural resources. Experience should include work as a field archeologist in California or the Great Basin using a range of field methodologies, including survey, testing, excavation, and monitoring. Familiarity with California prehistoric and historical cultural resources (including ability to quantify/analyze materials) and the culture history of California
- Ability to read and interpret topographical maps and navigate using a compass
- Candidates must demonstrate excellent attention to detail and will have strong organizational and analytical skills
- Must have strong communication skills (both oral and written) and demonstrate ability to coordinate effectively with SWCA senior staff and other project personnel
- Candidate must be motivated and able to work safely and cooperatively with minimal supervision
- Availability to work extended field rotations (10-12 days at a time) and travel accordingly
- Ability to pass a Motor Vehicle background screening.
- Current valid driver’s license and the ability to safely operate a 4wd vehicle on rugged, backcountry roads required
- Dependable, respectful, organized, pro-active, and on-time
- Currently reside in southern California (Greater Los Angeles area preferred)
- Active 40-hour HAZWOPER training a plus
SWCA Environmental Consultants is an established and flourishing environmental firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental compliance services. SWCA is an employee-owned company composed of environmental professionals who specialize in natural and cultural resource management, environmental planning, and regulatory compliance.
With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance companies and consistently ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms. We offer a team-oriented work environment, and a competitive compensation and benefits package, including an employee stock ownership plan (retirement) for full-time, regular employees. Some benefits are also available to on-call, temporary or part-time employees.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 480-581-5378. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/r7Z8BLt7pKLXqtokbfDOXp