TEMP FULL AND PART TIME
Closing date and time
History Nebraska is seeking an organized, detail-oriented person to undertake a large data entry project. This position’s primary responsibility will be to create metadata for digital photographs and pdfs of site files that are already stored on our server. The metadata will make information readily available and organize it in an Excel spreadsheet to help make our digital files more searchable.
History Nebraska is a statewide educational institution that connects people to the past through our library and research center, conservation facility, interpretive sites, and the state archeology and historic preservation offices. History Nebraska preserves and interprets our state’s past, contributes to the education of its citizens, and uses the tools of history to shape a better future for all Nebraskans. Examples of Work
• Primarily will take data in the names of digital files and enter them into an Excel spreadsheet, creating metadata that will be saved and used in Preservica to make the files keyword searchable.
• Will be asked to examine our digital photographic files to determine what images are missing, and scanning missing files from negatives stored on site. Qualifications / Requirements
Coursework/training or experience related to research, presentation, or publication in an area related to the programs or functions of the employing agency; business administration; accounting; customer service; and/ or technical support work, including the use of computer software such as word processing, spreadsheets, and database management. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to track and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to prioritize, and problem solve.
• Must have excellent organizational skills
• Must have excellent attention to detail