Full Time Project Archaeologist Openings at Heritage Consultants, LLC
Heritage Consultants is seeking full-time Project Archaeologists based out of our Berlin, Connecticut office. The successful candidate must meet or exceed the Secretary of the Interior qualifications. She or he will be responsible for conducting archaeological undertakings of all types and sizes from planning through report completion. The applicant must be a self-starter and have strong organizational, verbal, and writing skills the ability to work as part of a larger team and broad experience in all phases of archaeological investigations from Phase IA assessment surveys to Phase III data recovery efforts. Heritage Consultants, LLC is seeking candidates with experience in either New England Pre-Contact era archaeology or historical archaeology.
- Working closely with Senior Management and Operations Personnel to plan and execute projects within project scoping, timelines, and budgets
- Coordination and communication with clients and relevant agency personnel
- Working in tandem with other project personnel, including laboratory staff, historians, architectural historians and GIS specialist
- Directing and supervising field crews and other staff assigned to projects
- Completing cultural resource management reports and other deliverables to company and agency satisfaction that comply with applicable state and federal laws/regulations and guidelines promulgated by State Historic Preservation Offices throughout the reg
- Training new archaeological staff in appropriate field techniques, archaeological best practices, and other duties, as appropriate.
- Master’s Degree in anthropology/archaeology
- A minimum of 3 years of full-time experience in cultural resources management
- Knowledge of archaeology of formerly glaciated landscapes
- At least one year of full-time, supervisory level, professional experience in cultural resources management
- At least one year of full-time experience in the management of field crews and budgets
- In-depth understanding of archaeological field methods for all phases of work
- Experience in using GPS equipment for field recordation, as well as all other field equipment
- In-depth knowledge of the prehistory and history of New England and New York
- Understanding of historic preservation law, particularly Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act
- Willingness to travel for field projects with hotel stays during the work week (as needed)
- Ability to work outdoors in variable temperatures and in weather that may include rain or snow
- Ability to hike difficult terrain while carrying field equipment
- Possession of a valid U.S. driver’s license
Salary for this position will be commensurate with experience. Heritage Consultants, LLC offers group medical, dental, and vision insurance, vacation time, and paid holidays. Heritage Consultants, LLC also profit shares and the successful candidate will be eligible for bonuses to reward outstanding work.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to David George at email@example.com.
Heritage Consultants, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Starting Salary for Project Archeologist is $25/hr.