RK&K is seeking multiple qualified Archaeological Field Technicians and Crew Chiefs for Phase I and II archaeological projects in North Carolina and Tennessee. Fieldwork is expected to last for 6-8 weeks, with additional opportunities to follow. Pay rates start at $18.00/hour for technicians and $22.00/hour for crew chiefs and will be commensurate with experience. Single occupancy lodging and per diem will be provided. Fieldwork will consist of ten-day work sessions scheduled to begin in early July and August 2022.
· BA/BS in Archaeology, Anthropology, or related field
· Archaeological field school
· Phase I survey and Phase II testing experience strongly preferred
· Ability to work in the field under adverse conditions
· Ability to work in inclement weather conditions
· Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
· Ability to walk long distances
· Ability to document shovel test excavations and record detailed notes
· Ability to work well with others
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
USE THE LINK BELOW TO APPLY TODAY!
RK&K is a full-service planning, engineering, environmental, and construction management/inspection firm serving a wide range of clients throughout the United States. Fueled by a talented and diversified staff of more than 1,400 in strategically located offices, RK&K provides creative solutions to complex challenges that improve the quality of life in our communities. RK&K’s technical expertise places it at No. 62 on ENR’s Top 500 Design Firms list. What sets RK&K apart is an award-winning culture that has fostered a spirit of collaboration and trust for nearly 100 years. To its clients, the firm delivers concepts, processes, and outcomes that are designed for success. RK&K has earned its reputation as a trusted partner, responsive employer, and community steward.