About the opportunity
SWCA is expanding its team and looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work. We have a career opportunity for a Cultural Resources Crew Chief for work primarily in Missouri (cultural resources work experience in Kansas or Missouri is required). This is a regular, full-time hourly position reporting to our Denver office, but does not require relocation. We are looking for a candidate in the Midwest, and will consider distributed employment. The candidate will typically work 40 hours per week, depending on workload. Overtime is possible. Pay rate will be based on individual qualifications and experience.
What you will accomplish
- Lead fieldwork (survey and testing) and assist Project Managers and Principal Investigators, ensuring that field crews are prepared for field activities.
- Coordinate with clients and landmen, reporting on field crew progress and daily data transfer and management.
- Collect GPS data using tablets, data QA/QC, organization, tracking of field data, and
- Office-based tasks, including literature reviews and technical reports.
- Build upon SWCA’s presence in the Midwest.
Experience and qualifications for success
- Required to meet the Secretary of Interior’s qualifications for an archaeologist.
- Strong leadership and supervision abilities, including problem solving, constructive conflict resolution, and decision making.
- Team player with the ability to take initiative and solve problems using sound judgment.
- The ability to travel and conduct fieldwork for long hours and extended periods, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 480-581-5378. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
The pay range for this position is $24.00-$30.00 an hour.